The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
The first story is set in 1988 and features Mina Harker from Bram Stoker‘s Dracula (1897), Allan Quatermain from H. Rider Haggard‘s King Solomon’s Mines (1885) and Captain Nemo from Jules Verne‘s Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea (1870).
Other characters include C. Auguste Dupin from Edgar Allan Poe‘s “The Murders in the Rue Morgue“, Professor Cavor from H. G. Wells‘ The First Men in the Moon (1901) and Hawley Griffin, The Invisible Man (1897).
- Haggard, H. Rider (1885) King Solomon’s Mines
- Poe, Edgar Allan (1841) “The Murders in the Rue Morgue“
- Stoker, Bram (1897) Dracula
- Verne, Jules (1870) Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
- Wells, H. G. (1897) The Invisible Man
- —— (1901) The First Men in the Moon